Nuffnang

How Long I Have Been Married

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Baca Sendiri Lah!

I sure hope my bosses won't be reading this.

The fact is, I'm sick and tired of monitoring blogs on a daily basis just so that the bosses at my division can be on top of things.

It all started when Barisan Nasional got whacked by the opposition in the March 8th General Election last year. Ini classic case of knee-jerk reaction lah ni.

On grounds that the company must be more pro-active in keeping tabs with what's going on in blogosphere or the new media or whatever the hell you want to call it, I suddenly found myself having to do this on a daily basis for the past 16 months. Nasib baik le ada a few more colleagues helping out.

Basically, what we have to do is monitor a number of high-traffic, high profile blogs and give our comments or analysis on what the bloggers posted. It does not necessarily have to do with our company or the industry we are in, but it could be about politics or current issues.

Hari-hari kena buat, and I tell you, it is time consuming. I'm struggling to do other stuff to meet my KPIs stipulated in my Individual Performance Contract.

I don't mind doing blog monitoring. Because it also keeps me on top of things. Tapi I rasa tak payah le hari-hari. Kalau ada benda-benda yang relevan untuk update or share, okay lah. Ini tak, hari-hari kena buat. Samada dia orang baca atau tidak blog monitoring report, itu belakang kira. Janji everyday at around 5pm, mesti submit.

Yang sedihnya, out of the 10 or so recipients of the blog monitoring report in the mailing list, half of them did not even bother to read. I know because I get the "NOT READ" return receipt. Kita separuh mampus perah otak buat analysis, dia main delete aje. Meaning memang tak minat pun, but just for the sake of being the priviliged few in the mailing list and so that they can be on top of things whenever they feel like it.

This is the only avenue where I can bitch about this. Because this is my personal blog. Even if one of the bosses at my division terbaca pun, so be it lah.

Please understand my predicament. How do you feel if you have to look at blogs upon blogs for hours in a day, and most of the postings are crap. It can be an emotional hazard. I mean, for all you know, the blogger probably wrote the crap wearing boxer shorts and picking his ear with cotton buds, and here I am in my cubicle wearing neck tie and leather shoes analysing what the bugger wrote, so that certain people can be on top of things.

Bukannya susah pun nak baca blog. Just surf the Net. Even my dad yang dah retire pun Net savvy. Takkan le bosses at this multinational company tak reti nak baca blog?

Baca sendiri la!!!

No comments: