Nuffnang

How Long I Have Been Married

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Let Everyone Read Or Don't Blog At All

Folks, I'm back after a "I lost track of how long" hiatus. Hehehe. First and foremost, I must apologise to my regular readers - Sab of Australia, Cheekysmile of Kajang and Raffie of Ampang for the rather prolonged absence from my blog. Bukannya tak nak post new stuff, I just didn't have the time with all the events which I was involved in, one way or another, organised by my Fortune 500 company in conjunction with Malaysia's 50th Merdeka celebrations.

Ini pun there is one last event before the fasting month which is gonna happen next week, on 12th September 2007. The official prize giving ceremony of a major contest organised by my company in conjunction with what else, Merdeka.

Anyway, since I'm back in the saddle, I thought I'd discuss about what I'm doing right now - blogging. It seems more and more people, I mean, people that I know (friends, colleagues relatives, acquaintances, enemies) have started their own blogs or I discovered that they do actually have blogs. Which is a good thing actually.

But here's the thing. Kalau nak blog tu, let everyone read. If not, don't waste your time. Bloggers who actualy "block" certain people from reading their blogs are cowards. That's why I hate bloggers who use Multiply as their blog interface. Multiply enables bloggers to determine who can or cannot read their stuff. Most of the time, for bloggers like them, they require you to be in their network. And to be in the network, you are at their mercy. Meaning, if he or she allows you to be in the network, then you can read their blog. If not, you can carry your sorry ass to other more accomodating blogs.

To me there's no such thing as "eyes only" or "for private viewing only" in cyberspace. The fact that you chose to blog means that you should be prepared to let other eyeballs read your musings. The impression people get if you block them from reading your posts is that you are high and mighty. Poorah, ingapoo!

Okaylah, maybe I'm a bit prejudice on one or two individuals. Heck, make that one individual. Some of you may say - "So, what, it's his/her blog, he/she can do whatever he/she wants to do." Yeah, I guess there is a certain spark of truth to it. Like the 60s song by Lesley Gore "It's My Party". You know, the song that goes like this : "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to."
Yeah, yeah, point taken.

But still, I firmly believe, bloggers should make their writings public property. Have the balls like Ahiruddin Atan (Rocky's Bru) or Raja Petra Kamaruddin (Malaysia Today). Kalau tidak, setakat syok sendiri aje buat apa, betul tak? Tak ada maknanya!!!

No comments: